Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Corn "Compostable Clamshell"


Who needs plastic when you can have corn containers?! This is not a new concept, but, it's the first time I've seen it in a regular grocery store aisle, Safeway to be exact. Now there's organic and there's organicgirl. OrganicGirl has taken their good clean greens to the next level by packaging them in containers that function like the regular plastic salad containers, but -this is a big BUT- the packaging is Sustainable, Renewable, and Recyclable. The container can actually be composted! What's great is they have a "find a composter" link on their website too. OrganicGirl has thought of everything.

I love it when company's take hold of their environmental impact and most importantly make significant changes in their practices. One thing that irks me, is why companies are not held legally bound to use earthy friendly packaging. I know that changes on a grand scale take time. That's why I'm so happy to see when companies do their part now. I love organicgirl. There. I said it.

No comments: