fair warning - I was cooking by sight & taste this morning, so I didn't measure the ingredients!
Tip - If you're cooking with fry pan like me, cook the cauliflower first before the Longanisa. The Longanisa will make the pan super messy & sticky, but if you use a non stick & rinse of the pan while it's still hot - right away, it will be a quick clean up!
GARLIC CAULIFLOWER "RICE"
• 1/4 head of Cauliflower (finely chopped)
• 1-2 Tablespoons of minced garlic (also from Costco)
• about 2 Tablespoons Virgin Cold pressed Coconut Oil (from Costco. & that's a guesstimate again, I just squirted directly into pan without measuring!)
1. Heat coconut oil in medium high heat pan & saute the garlic. You can cook your garlic lightly or til it's crispy, both ways I like.
2. Pulse cauliflower in food processor or simply chop it up into rice sized bits.
3. Add to pan & toss with garlic oil until al dente.
BLUE AGAVE + CHIPOTLE "LONGANISA"
• 4 Johnsonville Maple Sausage (frozen from Costco)
• 4 tablespoons of Organic Blue Agave Syrup (also from Costco. Qauntity is a guesstimate because I just drizzled a bunch over the sausage in the pan)
• Organic Ground Chipotle powder (add as much as you like)
• Water (just enough to, about half way up the sausage. Maybe i used 1/2 cup)
1. Place all ingredients in non-stick pan over medium heat, boil then reduce heat to medium low. Cover & simmer until sausage is almost cooked through.
2. Uncover & increase to medium heat. Turn occasionally. Let liquids reduce. Ready to eat when caramelized!
I'm pleasantly surprised that the Cauliflower "Rice" went well with this. You can serve this atop rice of your choice with sunny side up or over medium for pregos like me.
After trying this, I could use a lot more heat! It is 4th of July after all! Add more spice to your liking & Have a great weekend!